This recipe is dairy free and could easily be made vegan by eliminating the chicken.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
- 1 large chicken breast (diced, cooked)
- 1 medium spaghetti squash
- 1 4 oz container of green chiles
- Green enchilada sauce
- 1/4 cup sour cream (or greek yogurt)
- 1/2 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese
- Cilantro to garnish
- Olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut the spaghetti squash in half and remove seeds.
- Drizzle the squash halves with olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
4. Flip so the open side is down on a baking sheet. Bake for about 35 to 40 minutes.
5. When the squash is almost done cooking, cook the diced chicken.
6. Add 1/2 cup enchilada sauce, green chiles, corn, and some cilantro if desired the the pan of chicken. Stir on medium heat until heated through.
7. Allow the spaghetti squash to cool and shred, saving the ‘skins’.
8. Remove as much liquid from the squash as possible and combine the sauce and chicken ingredients in a bowl.
9. Spoon the ingredients back into the skins.
10. Top with cheese and garnish with cilantro.
11. Place back in the oven for about 5 minutes.