This recipe is vegan.
Prep/Cook time: 40 minutes
- 1 tablespoon fresh, finely chopped sage
- 1 to 1.5 lb butternut squash, chopped into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic (or some garlic paste)
- 1/8 tsp red pepper flakes
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 12 ounces of linguini
- Olive oil
- Heat olive oil in a pan. Add the sage, fry until slightly crispy. Add salt. Set aside.
2. Add the squash, onion, garlic, and red pepper flakes to a large pan.
3. Cook about 8 to 10 minutes. Add vegetable broth.
4. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and allow to simmer about 15 to 20 minutes.
5. While that is cooking, make the pasta and drain.
6. Remove the squash mixture from the pan, allowing to cool slightly.
7. Add the mixture to a food processor and blend until smooth.
8. Combine the cooked pasta and sauce in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
9. Top with sage and serve.